To generate awareness about your employment potential and personal goals and interests, building a personal brand can help you connect with companies of interest.
Here are 5 tips to consider when building your personal brand. Information adapted from Tyler Lindley, Sales Coach for Vendition.
- Show up. Comment, like, post, re-share, and give your perspective on topics potential employers care about. A personal brand is not just your profile, it's your insights!
- Find your prospects. What social media platforms are employers on? Connect with them and start following their content. Find areas to insert yourself into their discussions.
- Choose your platform. Don't try to figure out every social platform. It's better to be great and participate in one arena than be insufficient on several platforms.
- Take chances. No one stands out by just liking stuff. Add to the discussion. Post your own stuff. Start a podcast about your industry. Do videos on topics in your niche.
- Be consistent. You aren't going to build a personal brand by not investing time into the process. Show up every day. Show up on the right platforms. Add value as much as possible.
Download this resource.