Time Management refers to making sure that the right time is allocated to the right activity. This article provides a high-level overview of effective time as well as activity and discussion questions that can be utilized for group learning.
Time Management refers to managing time effectively so that the right time is allocated to the right activity. It allows individuals to assign specific time slots to activities as per their importance and refers to making the best use of time. Time is scarce. Ask yourself which activities are most important and how much time should be allocated to those activities? Know which tasks should be done earlier and which can be done a little later.
The Circadian Rhythm
Learn how to synchronize your productivity with your body clock with the “Circadian Rhythm” game.
- Each member should jot down their daily routine in hours starting from waking up to going to bed.
- Each member should label each block with the following features: ‘on fire,’ ‘vibrant,’ ‘cruise control,’ ‘at 70%’, ‘distracted,’ ‘slowing down,’ ‘tired,’ ‘hungry’ indicating how they felt during the activity they were doing.
- Once done, connect their hourly blocks to effective time management and discuss the following points.
- What is the most active part of your day 'on fire'?
- What is the most ‘distracted’ part of the day?
- During which part of the day is it better to complete the hardest/most manageable tasks?
- When is it best to take a break?
- Who has similar working/relaxing rhythms in your chapter?
- Time Management - Meaning and its Importance
- Principles of Effective Time Management for Balance, Well-being, and Success
- 10 tips for mastering time management at work
- Pomodoro Technique: Fullest Introduction to the Most Popular Productivity Technique
To download this meeting agenda template please click here.