It is very important that you send a follow-up thank you email or hand-written note after every interview.
After an interview, it is very important that you send a follow-up thank you email or hand-written note. It’s a great way to show your appreciation to a recruiter or interviewer that you sincerely appreciated the time they spent with you. This is also a great way to reiterate your interest in the position and highlight your communication skills.
To write the perfect thank you follow these easy steps:
- Start with a Greeting
- Thank them for their time
- Something specific about the conversation to show active listening skills
- Always demonstrate excitement for the next steps
- End with a thank you and closing
I wanted to say thank you for meeting with me today. It means a lot to me to have had the opportunity to talk with you about the Sales Development Representative role and learn more about your vision for the sales team.
San Diego Candy Company (SDCC) seems like a wonderful company and our conversation confirmed my interest in becoming part of the team. I sincerely relate to the culture at SDCC and am pleased that employees are offered the opportunity to continue growing their sales skills.
As we discussed, my experience includes using marketing tools like Facebook and Instagram to reach prospective buyers. I was impressed with the current following of SDCC and the interest it’s gained in the timeline you provided. I feel confident that my past of working with startups and growing relationships would allow me to effectively fulfill the position requirements.
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 888-888-8888 if you have additional questions. I look forward to hearing from you.
Bonus Best Practices:
- WHERE TO FIND THE EMAIL - if the email is not in calendar invite, as the recruiter you’re working with for the email address
- Title of email: “Thank you, INSERT FIRST NAME!”
- Download the free version of Grammarly OR have a friend review before sending!
- Timing: send ASAP (no time is too soon, don’t wait more than 12 hours!! - don’t make excuses) --->
- Text your Recruiter to let them know that you sent the follow-up thank you email, or BCC your Recruiter on the email.
Download a copy of this resource.